Booster Vaccine Information
With COVID-19 booster vaccines now available to everyone over the age of 18, it is important that people come forward and get theirs when you are invited to do so.
In Rushcliffe there are currently five booster vaccine sites people can go to, located in:
- East Leake
- and two sites in West Bridgford.
There are 3 ways you can get a booster:
1. You can wait to be contacted by the NHS (you will be contacted by letter or text) inviting them to book in for a jab. The invite will explain how you can book an appointment – either at a local GP surgery, a local community pharmacy or a larger vaccination centre.
2. If you have not yet received an invitation yet, you can book an appointment at a pharmacy or a larger vaccination site. Appointments can be booked through the NHS website or 119.
3. You can walk into certain sites to receive a booster without an appointment. The sites accepting walk-ins for boosters are as follows:
King’s Mill Hospital Hub: Mansfield Road, Sutton-in-Ashfield, NG17 4JL
Mansfield Vaccination Centre: Chesterfield Road, Mansfield, NG19 7BH
Forest Recreation Ground Vaccination Centre: Forest Recreation Ground, Gregory Blvd, Nottingham, NG7 6LB
Points to note:
- The booster will now be offered to everyone over the age of 18, in order of descending age groups, with priority given to the vaccination of older adults and those vulnerable to COVID-19.
- The booster can now be given 3 months after the second dose.
- 12–15-year-olds can receive a second vaccine 12 weeks after their first.
You can read more about this here.
NHS COVID-19 Dashboard: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccinat…
Gov.UK COVID-19 Dashboard: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
JCVI Advice on Priority Categories: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavi…
NHS Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group COVID-19 Dasboard: https://nottsccg.nhs.uk/covid-19/covid-19-vaccination-in-nottingham-and…